Saturday 15 June 2013

THE FIRST CRACK AT CANVAS

A volunteer – resignation from my ex-workplace followed by a swift shift to the pavilion, perhaps is one  of the reasons which has offered me the chance of pitching into babbling.. Err...sorry.. blogging. Initially I had no idea how this break is gonna be for me, and since I’m back to my usual spirit, I also have an idea of publicizing that I'm taking time off for an artistic interlude. Canvas painting – definitely wasn't my cup of tea until then, a day which incidentally stirred my secret desires of attempting acrylics on a canvas. The lazy goose in me wasn't ready to pick one until it heard from a little bird to check out that particular store where one can get cheap & quality canvas. To crack the canvas I had to do some  ground works starting from the theme hunt to the colors involved. I have a tendency to stick primarily to acrylic colors as it is my long-time favorite medium. A couple of reasons that could positively substantiate my choice are listed.
  • They clean up easily with water, but once they dry, they can be considered permanent.
  • Acrylics come in many forms and can easily adhere to almost any surface, including wood, metal, plastic, fabric, stone or glass.
  • It can be very convenient in that they dry fast, can be thinned with water to arrive all sort of consistencies and thicker applications are more possible than in other types of paints.
  • And Most IMPORTANTLY, readily available within your proximity..(whispers the couch potato in me)
As I mumble, the ground work part might turn you google -savvy for the next few hours. Trust me! Being one already fetched me a “self – kudus”. Getting familiarized to the existing techniques and vaguely going through some relevant blogs gave me a hand. To me, there is no rule of thumb for creativity. I was able to find my feet when I started with it. That was a 16x14 canvas board painted with an abstract tree and I just let it incarnate itself. Go on and Have a look...


Getting references or trying to take it as an inspiration is okay for the first timer. Beware! Cultivating it as a practice could gradually risk the level of your individuality. And last but not the least, a food for thought.. Mastering an art can't happen overnight, but then, a mock-tail of the constant interest, assertiveness and thirst for learning could make it work. 

Feeling slightly annoyed ?? Yawning?! Take your eyes off this post for now and take a deep breath... Coz the "Super - annoying" posts are in the making!! 

7 comments:

  1. Readers kindly ignore the typos in the article.. late night blogging is the culprit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful.. I am a really bad artist but love art... Good that you created this blog... :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot Rosh.. I oew you big time :)

      Delete
  2. Nice one to start with... will wait for the next one...inspiring me to awake and write as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! This is one of the best ways to display your great potential.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Thanks for the compliment.. Do not forget to read my recent post also. :)

      Delete