Thursday 20 June 2013

ACRYLICS & ABSTRACTIONISM - THE AWESOME TWOSOME

         
        
In par with my previous post of getting started with a canvas, here are a few more tips that worked wonders for me to get going with acrylics on canvas. Dating back to the days when I had spent a lot of time surfing and analyzing the abstract paintings by renowned artists, I could still remember how that very first question of whether it is good or bad rushes in every time. Outta confusion most of the time I left it unanswered. Eventually I convinced myself to the notion that Abstract form of art is something that no one ever can interpret and it is more of an absurdity. I preferred traditional paintings comparing to modern art. Like how they say time has its fair share of changing a person’s perspective, these days I often google modern arts and can’t believe that I am actually into this sudden obsession. Even now I am not –so-good at understanding every abstract art out there, but on the other hand I took the chance of getting in touch with one. This could probably be the first step for better understanding. Just that our ideas should be clear enough to be reproduced in the canvas (After all nobody is gonna debate on our views  :P). Otherwise there are no pre-requisites for making one(Cuz, I didn’t have any.. :P)


With that note take a look at my second canvas painting. The first step was to decide on the key figures/elements, in my case  “Couple - Birds” (need not be love birds all the time right??!). Handpicked the colours that I thought could represent different aspects/emotions of a person’s life.


The tree has the branch of hope where the birds are sitting together. What do they see ahead of them through their intellectual eyes ? –One of the questions that stands for the painting. Here is the completed one.



Few more abstract arts from my palette. Go through and have fun. The first one is an abstract art of peacock feather. On an adjacent angle the painting also represents peacock's eyes.  


This is an abstract art of a vase/plant/ where a unique flower symbolizes and its ability to showcase its class that makes it stand apart from the rest. All you can see is the flower no matter where it is. Illustrated as -  independence, patience and perseverance of oneself brings out his/her identity.


Lord Ganesha, also known as the friendly God of all ages  is now  a victim of my "art attack". Three different canvas boards placed one next to another.


Abstracts can start from simple things that we see in and around. Or at-least that is what I do. It is better that complicating things in your canvas and screwing it up. If at all you are thinking of doing one in near future, my sincere advice would be "plan a little and concentrate a lot".

Again, I see this just as the beginning and the obsession is still on... Will come back with much more thought provoking stuff and by that time I hope I'll be good enough to share some more ideas. Until then take break and have some munch!!  

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see this. Looking forward for provoking stuff's..,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really fantastic .. This is amazing,All the very best.I hear the voice of the artist somewhere while reading this page.

    ReplyDelete